Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAC OS X:ForumBoot CampApple Home

Re: what about safari? new apple browser:

COW Forums : Apple OS X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bryce WhitesideRe: what about safari? new apple browser:
by on Jul 11, 2003 at 2:59:18 pm

It seems faster than M$ IE for Macintosh. It plays nice with most of the websites I visit.

What I did notice that the little JAVAscript buttons you see when you post to the CreativeCOW.net that enable you to embed URL's and such are missing, but I must say I just checked M$ IE 5.2 for OS X and they don't show up there either. Those additional buttons show up in M$ Windows browsers.

I like the way it handles bookmarks. It has an iTunes feel for organizing and handling your bookmarks.

I also like browsing webpages in tabs much like the browser for M$ Windows http://www.irider.com.

The only con that has come to my attention is that you can't seem to send a webpage link from the browser directly. You have to open your email client manually and copy/paste the URL in a new message.

It is only 7MB download I think and is well worth a try.

TTFN,
HTH,
Bryce

PS I am OS agnostic and have used everything from DOS, Windows 3.11, SGI IRIX 4.0.5f, 5.3, 6.2, Windows 9x, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Linux and am absolutely in awe of Apple OS X 10.2.6 and all of its pieces and parts. I just setup up a NFS share on an old SGI O2 that has Liberty Paint on it. I did a Cmd+K to attached to it from my new OS X machine. I then typed nfs://192.168.1.8/usr2/liberty/AppleShareO2 and boom I was attached. I then did a Cmd+T from the new window of the attached share to place it in my Favorites and now that share is always available by double clicking the favorite icon for that share.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]