Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAC OS X:ForumBoot CampApple Home

Users

COW Forums : Apple OS X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

CraigUsers
by on Apr 16, 2003 at 4:21:43 pm

Ok, I just repaired permissions again and it solved some unexpected quits, at least so far… Curtis keeps saying this should not have any effect on performance; however, this runs counter to Apple’s advice and the experience of many. On the other hand, when I first set up my Mac under 10.x, I gave my user account a name and checked the box that gave me administrative privileges. In the select a user account dialog box, I noticed that it is considered an admin. Curtis says that he has always logged on as a regular user and not an admin. Might this be a good preventative measure, logging on as a regular user and not an admin? This is the third time I’ve solved some problems by repairing permissions and I’ve had hundreds of unexpected quits over the last year or so. My understanding is that unexpected quits are not normal under 10.

If I wanted to switch to a non-admin account, is switching as simple as dragging my documents and folders into my new user account folder? Is there any quick way of having everything look and act the same as my current admin account? That is can I clone my current account and changes will be saved from now on? Would the same thing be accomplished by un-checking the admin privileges dialog box? If so what I would then use to perform admin functions? Would 10 ask for a new account/password?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]