Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
RED GIANT SOFTWARE:Red Giant TutorialsTrapcode TutorialsTrapcode ForumMagic Bullet ForumMagic Bullet TutorialsAE TutorialsAE Forum

Re: Sound key to control speed

COW Forums : Trapcode

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Martin V.Re: Sound key to control speed
by on Jun 24, 2004 at 12:11:08 am

Mark,

The patent is not pending, it was issued in June.

We are in complete agreement that the unauthorized use of an invention by any party (regardless of technologies used) would infringe on the patent.

We are also in full agreement that the use of anothers patent requires a license or permission from the patent holder.

In reviewing each of the claims of this patent against Trapcode's products, one may examine for each claim: "Is it possible to implement the invention as described with Trapcode's products?" My point is, that based on the language contained in the patent, it is not possible for anyone to infringe on this patent with Trapcode products. It is possible (though difficult to achieve) with After Effects in some scenarios, specifically with the use of real-time encoding equipment.

As a copyright and patent holder, I also take infringement allegations seriously and would not want to use products that put me at risk of being sued. Unless or until one can specifically state which claim is being infringed upon and how, I will continue to use Trapcode products with complete confidence that no unauthorized use of the invention is occuring or facillitated by the use of Trapcode products.

Martin

http://www.tveffects.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]