Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: New GL1 - XM-2.com - 16:9 EVF markers?

COW Forums : Canon DV

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

mbeteaRe: New GL1 - XM-2.com - 16:9 EVF markers?
by on Jun 26, 2002 at 3:09:34 am

yeah i was wondering that too, if it's actually letterboxed in the VF or if it's just a template, like title/action safe markers. it looks like it will be a nice revision of the gL1, enough to make me go and sell my gL1? nah. but i do have a question maybe you could answer, i don't know if it's obvious or not so...
probably this winter or so i was looking, at least before, to move up to the xL1s. but with the gL2 i was wondering about the resolution between the two cameras. the xL1s has bigger ccd's, while the gL2 has smaller, but more active pixels. which would give a better picture?

the gL2 looks like a good upgrade when i do though, just the fact that i would be able to use all my gear still, i was also looking to get the CO 16:9 adapter soon so i'd still be able to use it. either way i'll still keep the gL1.

i like the custom settings you can use on the zebra and slower shutter speeds. but is the lux rating (i see it's still at 6lux) a limitation of the ccd size? i thought/hoping they would have done something about that. i was surprised too, that they changed the size a bit, it looks like. looks to be a little longer due to the VU meter.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]