Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: laptop - What's a good all-rounder for media heavy work?

COW Forums : Windows Hardware & Software

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

SteveRe: laptop - What's a good all-rounder for media heavy work?
by on Feb 8, 2005 at 10:42:19 am

I agree with Julie. These do seem a little pricey.

It's probably a case of me wanting my cake and wanting to eat it. Cause, you see I don't actually NEED a laptop editor. My Macs are doing a grand job with all that.

I'm getting a PC laptop for other reasons and thought it would be mighty handy to get one that could run edit/media software well. Thing is I can't really justify spending mega bucks on a full-on stand alone dedicated laptop edit suite. But the possibility of having a mobile editor is to tempting not to take a look at.

Soooo, in a nut-shell - I was hoping to buy something pretty much off the shelf, with a decent processor, enough RAM etc (17Inch screen maybe). But I was also hoping it would not have to be so high-end/speced-up that it cost mega bucks.

It just needs to do an adequade job of running, say...premier or avid express or whatever PC edit software I end up with. Like I say I want my cake and...

Anyway are my expectations realistic?

Someone else recommended I get a Powerbook with virtual PC, running XP pro. Hmmm, the plot thickens.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Steve

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]