Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

Re: DVD-9 ?????

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

WTS(JManz)Re: DVD-9 ?????
by on Mar 11, 2005 at 4:42:22 pm

criis daw,

Testing it on the hard drive is about as close as you can get to finding out before burning. You can make a highly compressed version and put it on a single layer disc, but you don't have the issues with layer switch that will come into play with a DL. I personally build the project to hard drive and test with Apple's DVD player. I format to hard drive as a disc image (you will need to tell DVDSP that your project is a single sided, dual layer disc) and set the layer break (and use OTP). I use a third party burning app to burn the image to the disc. I currently do that on a PC with RecordNow, but I would assume you can do this with Toast with the same success (esp since Sonic owns Roxio/Toast now). The +DL discs are pre-formatted as OTP. For the discs to work the best, the third party buring app should ideally honor the layer break you set in the authoring app, reallocate sectors so that LB meets the dvd spec (if necessary), layer 0 should be larger than layer 1--but both layers need to be filled with padding data so they are of equal size. Also, the burner and third party app should set the bit setting for 'rom' to increase the compatibility of the + media. I know that RecordNow with the Pioneer AO8 and beyond do this, just can't tell you for sure how well Toast accomplishes these tasks.

Jim

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]