Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

Re: Bitvice Style Extention Issue

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob HudsonRe: Bitvice Style Extention Issue
by on Dec 6, 2002 at 10:53:51 pm

The m2v files created by BitVice have a file type that indentifies them as generic binary files and they work just fine when you import them into DVD SP. However, when you try to double-click these files, your computer uses whatever program (such as Excel) that is the default for opening generic binary files.

In your case - can you import the files on the desktop into DVD SP? If that's indeed the case, please email me at bitvice@bobhudson.com

We have been asked why the file type was not Quicktime, but until the recent release of the optional MPEG2 decoder for QT, it was not possible to open m2v files in QT, so identifying them as Quciktime files was somewhat of a moot point.

If you have the QT MPEG2 component installed and want to be able to open BitVice files in QT Player by double-clicking them, in OS X you can highlight a BitVice file, then bring up the "SHOW INFO" window (command-I), select "Open With Application", select Quicktime Player and then click "Change All."

I will pass along you message to the BitVice developers. Perhaps there's something they can do in future release to that the files will automatically be set to open in QT (now if Apple will just start to include the MPEG2 encoder as a standard part of QT.....)

Bob Hudson
BitVice Consultant

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]