Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

FCP 3.0- iDVD- mpeg4 and it plays on my home DVD player?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

jaru2FCP 3.0- iDVD- mpeg4 and it plays on my home DVD player?
by on Oct 18, 2002 at 5:37:39 pm

OK, I am getting into DVD production and have just started out with equipment. I have a new G4 and FCP 3.0 and just iDVD so far. In my reading of posts and instructions so far, I was under the impression that to sucessfully export video from FCP to iDVD or DVDSP that wll play on a home player, you had to export with Mpeg2? So I was just messing around with settings last night and export a movie with Mpeg4 codec and burned a DVD. Pulled it out of my computer and put it in my home player and suprise it played just fine.

So whats the story here? Will Mpeg4 video work on most home players? What am I sacrificing? Quality? Functionality? OR????
If it is the quality of the video-How much of a difference am I looking at between Mpeg2 and Mpeg 4?
With my current setup what is my best option for video to DVD that will play on home players? Or do I need to buy the Bitvice encoder? Thanks!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]