Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Fluorescent light solution

COW Forums : Lighting Design Pros

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Wayne OrrRe: Fluorescent light solution
by on Aug 16, 2002 at 3:13:47 am

Hey Charles, what we didn't ask is what you are doing with these flourescents, and that will determine whether you use the 3000K or 5000K bulbs. If your shoot is going to have a lot of incandescent "practicals," like talble lamps in it, then you want the 3000K bulbs. Will there be sunlight in the the shot? Then you want the 5000K bulbs.

Now, as far as Home Depot not having the 3000K bulbs, they are jerking you around. They may be out of them, but my store has them, so I'm certain yours could get them. Otherwise, try Lowe's or elsewhere. They are not an exotic item. I would pass on weird bulbs, like 4500K.

With the 5000K bulbs, use your daylight "sun" filter, and with the 3000K bulbs use your incandescent "bulb" filter. These are called "pre-sets" because they are factory pre-set to the proper Kelvin lighting. Do a white balance under the lights, and switch between the pre-set and the white balance setting. As has been suggested, you will probably prefer the warmer appearing pre-set position. (The lower Kelvin rating, such as 5000K versus the pre-set 5600K makes the image appear "warmer.")

KJLH
Wayne

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]