Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ZAXWERKS:Zaxwerks ForumZaxwerks TutorialsZaxwerks

Blurriness with AI graphics

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jason KraftBlurriness with AI graphics
by on Oct 10, 2003 at 11:02:04 pm

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Invigorator (classic) and After Effects (5.5 PB). I have scoured both the this forum and the AE forum but have not found a solution to my problem, so please excuse a question which may have been asked before. Although I found threads from people experiencing similar issues, I have not been able to resolve mine.

I have several graphics which I have imported from Illustrator 10, saved as AI 10 files. The problem is, they just don't seem to be very sharp, or "crisp" around the edges. For example, one is a simple text logo, converted to outlines, then imported into Invigorator. I have object faceting set at .1, the front of the letters is a reflective silver (reflectivity 36) while the edges are black and I have no bevels applied, just a hard-edged logo. I have layer set to best quality in AE as well, but, it just doesn't look crisp. I have tried playing around with lighting, to no avail, and I don't have different objects on the z axis so I know it's not an issue with objects bleeding into each other.

This particular logo begins large (off the "screen") then I used Invig's camera to zoom out on it and bring the whole thing on-screen. It doesn't look too bad (though not as crisp as native AI) when at a larger scale, but when the logo gets a little smaller it is really noticable. And, it's by no means tiny, either. 720 X 480 composition and the logo ends up occupying about a quarter of the screen when it's at its resting position.

Is there something I'm missing here? I have a few other files which seem to be looking the same. Oddly enough I have a couple other logos which look sharper and I compared settings, etc., but can't find a discrepency. Does it matter what size the AI artwork is. IOW, is it better to bring in something larger and scale it down? I know we're talking vector here, so it shouldn't matter, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks for any advice, I also have Total Training for Invigorator but haven't had a chance to watch all of it. Would there be some advice in there somewhere?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]