Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ZAXWERKS:Zaxwerks ForumZaxwerks TutorialsZaxwerks

Re: Sudden render stops

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

kozmikoidRe: Sudden render stops
by on May 18, 2002 at 7:47:53 am

Tim, I have had similar problems too. I think it's a memory problem. I had one particular sequence I was working on which was very heavy going in terms of layers etc. When it came to render the comp it'd get through a number of frames then simply quit. At it worst point it would quit after 2 frames. By this I mean the composition window would black out and the render would simply stop, there'd be no error message. It looked to me like there was a problem flushing out the cache during rendering. As it was rendering I noticed that the memory usage in the task manager was climbing constantly until it maxed out then quit. It also seemed odd to me that after a frame was rendered the amount the memory usage dropped was minimal. This has only happened when I was using Invigorator.

To be fair though most of the time I've had no problems at all with Invig. only great results. I was using version 3.0.1, Win 2K, 768MB RAM, Athlon 1.4. This hasn't happened other times I've used Invig. but then again those instances were less demanding in terms of the complexity of the comp.

Anyway, I prerendered a couple of Invig. layers to ease things and everything went fine after that.

I think this memory problem may have been fixed in 3.0.2 but can't vouch for it myself at the moment. I notice that Zax states that 3.0.2 fixes amongst other things 'the memory spike on PCs so you can add dozens and dozens of Invigorators to your AE project without running out of memory.'

Give the update a try and it may well solve your problem.

[-:

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]