Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

After Effects conflict with M100?

COW Forums : Media 100 | Media 100 HD

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

leemceAfter Effects conflict with M100?
by on Feb 8, 2005 at 9:45:10 pm

I understand that After Effects uses Media 100's hardware to export in the M100 codec so both apps can't be open at the same time. Perhaps my problem relates to that:

I have been getting quite low quality, low saturation, washed-out renders from After Effects. After repeated testing, I determined that the problem has something to do with Media 100. I found that it's not enough for me to just quit Media 100 before I start work in After Effects. I also have to fully shut down the computer and re-start. When I do that, I can go to After Effects and create normal, high-quality renders.

Is this problem shared by others? Does this stem from these two apps fighting over the hardware? Is there some trick to avoid having to shut down and re-start when I want to go from M100 to A.E.? It's enough of a pain just having to close one application in order to open another. I'd appreciate any advice.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]