Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

Re: Analysis coming

COW Forums : Media 100 | Media 100 HD

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Patrick BrownRe: Analysis coming
by on Sep 1, 2001 at 2:34:40 am

Tim, look at the timing of the Terran purchase: Just before Greenspan uttered the phrase 'irrational exhuberance'. I think Marlboro Country was looking to up their stock at a time when it was relatively simple... attach anything dotcom or web technology and zoom!!! You could get quick stock cash.

And maybe they truly believed that broadband was just around the corner and this move could take them into a true dotcom leadership position.... who knows?

I started compressing my first video for the web in 96. The sales pitch was 'broadband is coming'. Here we are in 01 and the mantra remains... 'broadband is coming'.

What of the sale? Well, they cut all the staff out of it, how much more attractive could it be for a potential buyer? They (M100) did install a large user base, well, larger than previously installed. So they get $16million. Good deal.

As for Pegasus, I can't go $50 for a new system. If they continue to support M100, great. But Pegasus success almost surely sends up ominous flags for Media 100. What to do, what to do.

That wise, old sage Tim Wilson counseled me years ago to buy a system that works for my immediate needs. If Marlboro was suddenly voted out to the union (and they'd have a good chance if we cast the ballots) I'd still be able to meet my clients needs and generate cash flow.

As for the rest of the world, let them eat cake. Seriously, go to any user forum, video, web, cars, whatever, and you'll find every user base has at least a couple 'pebbles in their shoes'.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]