Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

Re: I gave you bum information? When? What

COW Forums : Media 100 | Media 100 HD

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andy StintonRe: I gave you bum information? When? What
by on Apr 23, 2001 at 6:19:18 pm

Sorry about the delay in replying but I have just had an on-site week from hell, courtesy off Bob Newhart's "Road Manager" but that's another story.

We met at a an Apple rollout of Final Cut Pro in Toronto. My staff and I approached you and inquired on the subject of the Real Time FX board. To buy or not to buy for our machines. You where very off hand with our female Art director, but you did reply to me basically saying that the board was not worth the price and added little to enhance workflow, and that the board was not real-time in the true sense of the word etc. I pointed out that Media 100 was offering a lot of software with the board ( Boris & Spice Rack I think) . You repeated that these cost defraying offers still did not make the board worthwhile and then walked away.

You then proceeded to give a demo of Final Cut Pro and spent a lot of the time trying to find you way around the prog leaving my self and my staff with less than a glowing opinion of you and your knowledge.

We eventually ended up paying about $900.00 USD for the board after we had subtracted the "free" software. The board has been very useful by allowing us to consider various wipe options ( many of which we don’t use ). To me any option that speeds up the workflow and saves us time on the edit suite, increases the companies profit.

I have no idea what you base your opinions on however in my world it comes down to efficiency and creativity, with technology coming in 3rd.

Hey we all have bad days and perhaps this may have been one of yours. However, around the forums I see you as a excellent contributor helping everyone out in a very unselfish manner but first impressions are sometimes hard to overcome.

You asked:)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]