Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Sony monitor with DV inputs

COW Forums : Sony DV

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael MunkittrickRe: Sony monitor with DV inputs
by on Aug 23, 2004 at 12:54:32 pm

I'm not speaking to the potential of the ideal situation but instead the possible problems that this individual might be having with his system. Certainly, there are a lot of systems, most in fact that will never require any special modifications or "steering". However, that might be an issue for this particular user being that it is pretty common with Firewire-type output devices so I thought that it might be wise to suggest all of the possibilities for the type of problem he might be having instead of assuming that his system was any specific type such as your Dell, which, by the way are known to be completely compatible in most circumstances except when using Adobe Premiere 6.5 or older.

And just for future reference, there are times when I've used my Main Concept (or other aftermarket) codec in Premiere 6.0 or 6.5 where it took a few seconds for the editor to display any output until it found the output device. If I set it up correctly prior to utilizing my timeline everything operates smoothly until I decide to change my output device. Otherwise I set it once and use it forever the way it works.

Michael Munkittrick
Managing Creative Director
Spiral Design Studios/DieselVFX

Forum COWmunity leader for:
Sony DV
Magic Bullet

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy