Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Can the sun damage my ccd (pd150)

COW Forums : Sony DV

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Blast1Re: Can the sun damage my ccd (pd150)
by on Jul 30, 2004 at 2:18:33 am

Like mentioned before the shutter in most camcorders is electronic not physical, so any radiation reaching the chip is there all the time, depending on the size of the chip it can receive up to 2x or more the radiation you have to figure the arc seconds of the sun and chromosphere, and the arc second of the coverage on the chip, this of course can be modified by the iris(some can be electronic also), another thing is you are also heating the lense system and the camcorder itself, the camcorder in question was extremely hot.
I always use external ND filters so any heat disapated by them is external also with a three chip camcorder each chip receives less of the of the total radiation than a 1 chipper, and I also have a piece of foam core poster board in from of the cam to act as a baffle so I'm not viewing the sun directly when looking up from the lcd or view finder.
Sunsets and sunrises are a piece of cake as the radiation is so much less at that time because of the ammount of atmosphere, always looking for the green flash.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]