Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Convert Audio from Adobe Premiere Project to ProTools

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jake TolbertRe: Convert Audio from Adobe Premiere Project to ProTools
by on Mar 15, 2004 at 8:10:51 pm

I sooo feel your pain, and I wish I had an answer for you. But, I found myself in same situation, and that's why I've switched editing platforms.... I now edit on Pinnacle's Liquid Edition, which will directly export OMF...

Premiere Pro is a decent NLE, but it's on an island. AAF export was a forward thinking move on Adobe's part, because there will come a time when it is compatible across the board with other NLE's and audio workstations. But, it probably wasn't implemented properly, and it's just to early in the game to be a realistic solution anyway, due to sketchy support from other companies.

Regardless of AVID's stake in OMF, Adobe made a huge mistake by not including this in Premiere Pro. Not only that, but they took out all of the EDL functionality that Premiere 4x - 6.5 had BEFORE. Again, bad move, and probably, costly mistake on Adobe's part.

So, as it looks like you are kind of SOL on the material you currently have edited. I would strongly urge you to consider switching editing platforms, to something that directly exports an OMF. For Windows, the two that I know of, that are affordable are AVID Xpress 4.x and Pinnacle Liquid Edition 5.5. Or any of Liquid Products, Blue, Silver, Chrome....

Ofcourse, on the Mac, FCP is the only way to go...

As far as the audio in your Premiere Pro projects now, here is a work around... Export each audio track as a .WAV file, and import into Pro-Tools. Any trimming you did in PPro will be permanant, but atleast you'll have it. Worse case, you could always leave youself more heads and tails in PPro and separate audio to diferent track to prevent overlapping, then you could do all your trimming in PT.

Hope this helps, my best advice is to switch NLEs. Liquid Edition is a very powerful native DV editor, that exports perfect OMF !!

Jake Tolbert
PFS Multimedia
Steinberg Audio Tools &
Audio Professionals
Forum Leader

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]