Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: patch cable or mic cable?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

ThaxRe: patch cable or mic cable?
by on Feb 11, 2004 at 6:41:51 pm

Not only is there NO (audio) difference between what's called a "patch-cable" and a "mic cable", there's NO (audio) difference between a $5.00 patch cord and a $50.00 patch cord.

I'm not talking about the connectors... they may (or may NOT) be any more sturdy or prone to corrosion
at various price-points (even THAT's debatable).

I'm saying that "Wire is Wire" and a well-shielded Beldon (for example) mic cord with standard XLRs on the end will perform EXACTLY the SAME as any high-end SUCKER RIP-OFF product.

BTW, Musician's Friend (musiciansfriend.com) is selling 20 ft. XLR mic cables for $2.99 each (Yes, that's under 3 dollars, including the XLR's!)
I own a gaggle of 'em... and other than that I actually have enough $$ left-over after buying cables to spend on MICS to plug into 'em... I can't tell the difference. :-)

Don't waste your money on what I call "Creature Cables" when the only thing monstrous is the PRICE.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]