Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: witch reference monitors for video editing

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark SimpsonRe: witch reference monitors for video editing
by on Aug 23, 2002 at 1:51:43 am

I would look at the genelecs, tannoys and KRKs.

I have a pair of older Tannoy NFM8 (gold frames) that I love and keep coming back to. They're easy to listen to for long periods. The genelecs are pretty much the hot tickets right now, but that's not to say that there aren't others worth listening to. A lot of people like the Mackies (but not Mazuroo... B), but I'm very partial to Tannoys.

The right monitors are a very personal thing. They have to be honest enough to allow you hear all the warts and pimples, yet pleasing enough to make your work fun, and they have to be something that doesn't cause you to het fatigued when using them for hours on end.

I would suggest that you find a dealer who will let you return them after trying them out. Then buy two or three pairs at a time and spend a few days putting them through the ringer (actually working with them). Return all but one, and put that against another two or three pairs and so on until you have really had a chance to get to know the different monitors. You will know which ones you like after that, based on how good your mixes translate, how tired you get while working with them, and how much fun you have listening to them.

Don't forget the amp and cabling too. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

Mark Simpson

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]