Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Discount hotel for New York DV Show...

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob BonniolRe: Discount hotel for New York DV Show...
by on Feb 3, 2002 at 4:10:57 am

I am a frequent NYC traveller and here's what I can add:

The Edison hotel is known throughout the theatrical world as the cheap place to stay... It's located on 47th between Broadway and 9th... Rates average about $110, but if you ask for the theatrical rate, it can be as low as $90.

The Milford Plaza (identified with a big M on the side) is just several blocks south of the Edison on 45th. It also features pretty low rates for Manhatten (generally $100 and under), and again, pleading for the theatrical rate will often get you a good discount.

For those seeking a little more luxury and willing to pay more for ultra-cool should look to the Hudson Hotel. An Ian Schrager property, the Hudson features an extraordinary interior, ultra cool rooms, the hippest martini bar in Manhatten, and the weirdest entry in history. Rates between $120 and $300 a night, but again, if you call and ask for theatrical rate, you can often score up to a 25% discount.

Another Ian Schrager property that is a little closer to the DV show is the Paramount Hotel... Schrager redid this one before he did the Hudson, but it is only marginally less cool. Rates about the same as the Hudson.

Sometimes the Hotels will ask which show or producer you are with... I don't mean to wink in the direction of ethics, but they don't check, and you can generally identify yourself with any show currently running. Find out the name of the producing organisation for added believability...

Hope these are some helpful tips for those in need...

Best, Bob

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]