Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Most groundbreaking effects?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd VanSlyckRe: Most groundbreaking effects?
by on Dec 8, 2001 at 11:52:48 pm

Great post, Ron. I would have to agree with you when it comes to older films. I prefer newer over older. However, two older movies really stand out to me. I'm not just talking effects now, but overall editing in every aspect:

Alfred Hitchcock's "Rear Window" The subtle suspense of that movie grabs you and draws you in. You're never quite sure what's going to happen next. I LOVE the first time we see Grace Kelly. She leans over and gives him that kiss. It was a very personal and sensual moment. However, my favorite aspect of the film is the sound. The ambient sound of city life and the personal lives that each character is living...Many times it carries entire scenes.
the other is Casablanca. I was fortunate enough to see that on the big screen in Syracuse. I went fully expecting to be bored and ended up loving it.
Of course it all starts out with what so many have neglected nowadays...A good storyline. Thank you all for your terrific responses!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]