Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Best Superbowl ads...

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark SuszkoRe: Best Superbowl ads...
by on Feb 2, 2004 at 6:33:16 pm

I thought the AOL spots were lame. OCC had their 15 minutes last summer, and worse, AOL was trying to sell speed instead of addressing their too-high rates and crummy service. Adn Mikey looks too much like Jack Osbourne. Brand confusion.;-)

Bud chimp was inappropriate, bestiality is not funny. Especially when women are always the target.

Horse farts was crude, not amusing.

I thought the caddy spots, their whole campaign this year, stunk on ice. They are cold, aloof, don't connect to humans... not unlike caddy drivers I know... and they don't really show much about the product.

The "truth" PSA for "glass-shard pops" was clio-worthy.

I enjoyed the "lipstick" bud ad, old joke, but wel executed.

I also liked the Pepsi Hendrix ad, The Staples Supply mafia ad, Earnhart carrying the ball for Nextel (though I admit there was some brand confusion in that spot, at first I thought it was a Bud spot).

I also enjoyed the Lays old people fighting, the Mitsubishi ballroom blitz spot, the Simpson's Mastercard spot, and the Expedia "Magique" spot (I don't know anybody that isn't made a "little" uneasy by Cirque Du Soleil)

The Subway "Sorry Wang Chung" was hysterical to me. Was that REALLY them? More points if it was. The Chevy ad with kids having their mouths washed out with soap was funny. So was the Honda Pilot "wolfman" ad.

The half time show was worse than usual, a Frankenstein pastiche' ( or paste-ee) of tired old hits, overlapping like a radio being speed-tuned by a kid with ADD. I think next year they should let Quincy Jones produce it, and just have one artist do a single song and let it stand on it's own. I think Janet must have mishead them descibe CBS as "The Tiffany Network", and heard it as something else, but to me the Kid Rock segment was much more odious, can we just drop the whole pimp glorification thing now?

That CBS propmo for Century City looks interesting. This is a sci fi law and order type show set in the near future. It didn't make it onto last year's schedule, which to me marks it as simple short-run filler fodder for whatever is mercy-killed by Feb. sweeps.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]