Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: The Best of Both Worlds- other thoughts

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd McMullenRe: The Best of Both Worlds- other thoughts
by on Jul 8, 2003 at 6:51:43 pm

I pardon my choice of phrases. I am trying to convey in the simplest of terms and thoughts that if you have any story or idea or project that you wish to visually document then choose the tools that are within your budget. I think it goes without saying that we strive to get the best out of our tools. whether that be video or film. I have no problem shooting a story in video if that is what the budget requires. and I will try to get the best look I can for each scene that is written. I will not however, try to make it look like film. Because film is film and video is video. It really is that simple. we can dissect it and try to rebuild it but at the current state of video technology we cannot accept it. I have seen some amazing looking video. and i know there are ways to get a certain look. but it is still not the same look as film. I am most amazed that the cost of shooting film vs. video is really not that much different. around +- 15 percent. well I think that is a small difference for all the things you have to do to get the "film look." I guess my point is that if you are shooting in video then make it look a good as you can, not to try to clone a look that is steeped in history, legacy and tradition.

Todd McMullen
Flip Flop Films
Venice

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]