Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Phasing out ???

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

William WattsRe: Phasing out ???
by on May 20, 2003 at 4:41:14 am

I have actually had the pleasure of "somehow channeling coffee-getting experience into some kind of actual creative opportunity".The logic was that anyone wanting to get into post could :
a) have their aptitude assessed before valuble training time was wasted
b) get a general idea of all the areas of post and tape formats etc etc
c) most important was to weed out fly guys like me that thought a media-related degree gave them a god-given right to go and make broadcast shows.

In the London independent post scene of the eighties/nineties it worked.In most markets these days it wouldn't.But personally speaking I am still grateful that,even though I don't have to lace and record-optimise 1" machines any more or run the 'sneaker-net' with 2" reels,I still have a broad knowledge of the technical background of our business.Being creative but supplying faulty output got no-one anywhere.

ps- a general rule of thumb is that the lower the budget the greater the problems.And anyone that expects free work or work at giveaway rates has little,if any,respect for you or your talent.

Will in Bangkok

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]