Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PARTICLE ILLUSION:particle Illusion Forumparticle Illusion Tutorialsparticle IllusionAfter Effects ForumAutodesk Combustion Forum

OK, now i'm a bit confused...

COW Forums : particle Illusion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

stuartOK, now i'm a bit confused...
by on Aug 25, 2003 at 7:21:57 pm

How do i have an emitter use the alpha channel of a background image seq?
I've looked thru all of my emitters (i'm pretty sure i'm uptodate w/ all of them) & can't see a "use alpha" emitter. Am i looking in the wrong place? I thought it would be along the lines of "use color from layer" or something like that. I've also looked in the docs & on this forum & haven't seen anything. You know, on the Wondertouch site where it say's, "The ability to use the alpha channel of an image (or sequence) as a "mask" to define where particles are created: (this opens up a lot of new possibilities".

Also, when i import an image seq (png, iff created in AE5.5) that has an alpha with it, once it's loaded as a bkground image & i use alt+a to show alpha, the screen is black. However, when i select the ftg in the layers window & r-click on it & select "transparency", i can see the opaque portion of the image on the b/w checkerboard pattern.

So, why can't i see any solid white alpha channel in my image? or do i even need to, since PI's seeing the transparency info?

This a test for an upcoming effect. My background image (seq)is a shot wolf that was originally on bluescreen of which i had already pulled a key.
Am i making any sense? sorry if i'm not.

I'm using PE 3.0 on XP

Thanks,

Stuart

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]