Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PARTICLE ILLUSION:particle Illusion Forumparticle Illusion Tutorialsparticle IllusionAfter Effects ForumAutodesk Combustion Forum

Re: Explosion Suggestions

COW Forums : particle Illusion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

lw3dRe: Explosion Suggestions
by on Mar 7, 2003 at 6:29:25 am

>>>>what if I wanted to take an emmitter ... take one of its particle type represented by the stars in the emitter properties display ... change its shape ... and make that just a emitter

What do you mean make it just an emitter?

===========
===========

>>>>The only way I got it to work was to take the new emitter I added and lower the visiblity of the particle types

I honestly am not sure what you mean byu this. Why did you have to lower their visibility?

==============
==============

I think more or less this has to do with the same thing ... which is what if I just wanted just the ' wispysmoke ' particle type of an emitter > change its shape > and have that only the new effect so that just the wispy smoke alone apprears on the screen and renders out only

This is what I said before

what if I wanted to take an emmitter ... take one of its particle type represented by the stars in the emitter properties display ... change its shape ... and make that just a emitter

I tried doing that but it did not work. I changed its shape ... added it to the library hoping that only the particle type would become an emitter

The only way I got it to work was to take the new emitter I added and lower the visiblity of the particle types

Basically, what I meant was that since I only wanted the wispy smoke to appear and render that the only way I was able to do it was to lower the visiblility of all the other particle types ... I was hoping that after I changed the shape and added it that only the wispy smoke would appear alone ... my goal was to take one particle type from an emitter and make that by itself a new emitter

Man, this forum needs a quote feature

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]