Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Re: Being as you are a visual learner......

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark SimpsonRe: Being as you are a visual learner......
by on Dec 19, 2001 at 7:29:02 am

Hi Michael,

I really am paying attention, but I am having a very hard time getting acclimated as I am a visual learner.

Since you are a visual learner (me too), Thorn has produced an excellent two tape (3 hour) introduction to Cinema 4D XL, that will walk you through the basics of Cinema 4D, and give you a well rounded foundation from which to learn Cinema 4D.

You can order them (I think it's $30) from the Maxon USA website. Here's a direct link to the tapes.

They were produced for XL V6, but the material covered has changed very little for V7, and the tapes are still almost entirely accurate using the newer version of XL.

Get the tapes, watch them, then do at least the first tutorial in the tutorial manual (all phases, modeling, texturing, lighting, animating) of the spinning rings/logo, and then go to Maxons tips, techiniques, and tutorials pages on their website for info on specific techniques you want to learn. Total investment of time in watching the tapes, doing the first tutorial in the manual, and a couple of tutorials on the website will be about 6-8 hours.

You'll be amazed at how good a handle you have on the whole concept of working in Cinema 4D, and will be ready to start working on some more advanced stuff shortly afterwards.

Then as time allows do the other three tutorials in the tutorial manual, and some more tutorials from the website. There are also quite a few tutorials out there on the web at large for C4D. You'll be an expert in no time. Cinema has a very short learning curve. Follow my instructions and see if you aren't up to speed almost immediately.

One of the great things about Thorn's tapes is that he spends a good amount of time on setting up the interface for your custom workflow. This won't be real important to you in the very beginning, but you'll soon see why you want to explore this ability and why Cinema 4D is a favorite production tool for those who have to do this stuff day in and day out.

Mark Simpson

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]