Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Re: What do I need for architectural work?

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark SimpsonRe: What do I need for architectural work?
by on Mar 28, 2004 at 1:27:26 pm

[Eric Steinberg] "I have estimated that I will need 6-8 months of intense self-training to get to a point where I can use C4D well enough to accomplish this. My first question is:
If I am able to focus exclusively on self-training, is it realistic of me to assume that I might be able to learn C4D well enough in this amount of time? Or should I estimate more time? I know everybody learns at a different pace, but assuming that I am an average learner, am I too optimistic? Just looking for some opinions. "

Depends on how much time you invest in this period. If you are focused and spend a considerable amount of time each week at learning/using the app, you could become extremely proficient at it. There are areas of expertise within 3D of course, and to master all of them, could take a long time. For instance Character Animation is a lifetime learning experience of it's own, as is organic modeling. But for your purposes, the time you mentioned would be 'plenty' to master Cinema if you are diligent at it.

[Eric Steinberg] "The other thing I am a little unsure of is whether just learning C4D will be enough? I want to be able to take any type of topographical maps, architectural drawings from various CAD programs and such, and easily import this into C4D. Will I need to learn a program like Vectorworks or something else in addition to ensure that I can efficiently do jobs for just about anybody in this industry? Lets say for instance that a developer asks me: “Can you use the architects CAD drawings and topography maps and easily import these?” Will this depend on what programs I have to import from, or is C4D able to import files from just about any programs used in this industry? I want to try to avoid a situation where I am bidding on a future job, and it turns out that I can’t use the files provided to me from certain clients. "

I think also investing in Vectorworks would be a wise move. Converting the CAD drawings into 3D objects would be the realm of a CAD app like vectorworks. Texturing, lighting, adding moving water, trees, animating your flythroughs, etc., and photorealictic rendering would be the realm of Cinema.

If you're going to 'focus' on the architechtural industry then having an app like vectorworks that soeaks their language would be a neccesity I would think.

Mark Simpson

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]