Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Re: New To 3D, HAve Some Questions.

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John HellikerRe: New To 3D, HAve Some Questions.
by on Nov 3, 2003 at 1:42:10 am

Hi,

I'm trying to decide on a 3d package myself, but currently have no budget for it. I'm on mac and have been working with the Maya PLE because Maya has the reputation it has in the film/television sector which I come from. Cinema 4d has only recently come to my attention and I've picked up a copy of the October issue of "Computer Arts" magazine, a British publication. It comes with a copy of Cinema 4d ce, which is actually cinema 4d XL 6. This copy is restricted in its render size but for $100 US I can get a copy that isn't. I've done some initial work with the copy I have and I feel pretty comfortable with it (in the sense that I like the interface and the work style that it allows). So my questions--
1) $100 isn't a lot of money but whatever the programme there're a lot of hours that have to be put in to getting skilled. For those with a history of using cinema 4d since version 6 am I going to find myself relearning things if I were to go to 8, or is it the same but with added features/elements?
2) Can version 6 open and use files created in 8 and vice versa?
3) Are plug-ins/shaders and any additional elements that are produced by 3rd parties or Maxon useable on version 6 or are they specific to each version?

Thanks for any help

John

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]