Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE MOTION:HomeMotion ForumMotion TutorialsTagFCP ForumFCP Tutorials

Re: Has Motion lived up to it's Hype?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matt JanowskyRe: Has Motion lived up to it's Hype?
by on Apr 2, 2005 at 10:06:35 pm

I'm new to after effects and motion, so I'll bring a different perspective. I opened up after effects and had no idea how to use it, training materials are expensive, and it is a very hard program to learn. It sat there for a long time. I opened up Motion and within 10 minutes I had one of the coolest looking text animations I've seen anywhere, it is very simple to use. I've used it on a ton of proects and I am very happy, it's not all real time but very close and you can hear audio so you can edit to the music easier. In AE you have to do a ram preview for audio, a total pain. AE is also slow as can be. Now motion doesn't do 3d so AE is ahead on that issue. I am starting to like AE more as I learn it, but it is taking a lot longer and is a lot harder to work with.
To be honest sometimes when I start using AE I say to myself why don't I just do this in Motion, it's easier, works better and I get better results.
Again this is the opinion of someone who didn't have experience with either program and got them both at the same time.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]