Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: 'nother Newbie speaks

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dan AnonRe: 'nother Newbie speaks
by on Apr 26, 2002 at 2:29:46 pm

Okay, so maybe I'm not a newbie after seven years, but this is my second career, and sometimes I sure do feel like it! ;)

I, too shoot, edit, write, voice, animate, retouch, and create commercials and promos, and etc., like yourself. We make the same hourly wage. I, too answer to a production manager.

In our market (Twin Falls, Idaho. Population 30k...SALUTE!) I don't think I have a hope in hell of ever making more. The Prod Mgr at a competing station (actually an LPTV satellite from the BIG Idaho city) doesn't make as much as I do. So, I read my Adobe graphics family CIBs, suck every OUNCE of relevant info from sites like this (I EXCEL at lurking), and hope to either open a business, or snag a much better paying job at the local college.

I think your approach is fine, and with an attitude of self-improvement (such as your own) you're gonna do just fine. Digging back into my experiences from my first career I remember the "breaks" didn't seem to come along NEARLY soon enough. I was chomping at the bit for quite a while before opportunity knocked.

Hang in there...

Dan

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]