Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
HDV FORMAT:HDV Format ForumTutorialsApple FCP ForumAdobe Premiere Pro ForumSony Vegas Forum

Re: Regarding posting on HDV forum - please read

COW Forums : HDV Format

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rick SpurwayRe: Regarding posting on HDV forum - please read
by on Mar 6, 2004 at 5:23:33 pm

Hi, you say "we're not interested in a debate". I think this is a very dangerous statement and totally wrong. Debate is precisely what a forum is supposed to provide. I agree about any discussions relating to vapourware and rumours which cannot be substantiated by fact, but surely debate is at the very heart of what drives this industry forward. I've been in a position many times before where hardware and software manufacturers lose touch with their end-users.

I will always support a healthy sceptisim of any supplier's intentions, and sometimes it's important to apply pressure to the developers and ensure they are consistent with end-user requirements. Which is another role of any forum (although the COW has revealed a conflict between it's freedom of speech on one hand and the desire to gain sponsorship for events on the other). Rumours are sometimes the only signals we have available, and they can be very useful if followed up by detailed research.

Some people on this forum are clearly just beginning to understand HDV and where it's going. Others know a great deal. That's no reason for those in the know to get heavy handed with the rookies. It's a very arrogant approach and should be avoided if you want to encourage development and growth here. To even suggest you might not "bother reading" a post is incredibly offensive, and totally unacceptable comment here.

It's a very difficult time for any forum to get going without a range of real, tangeable hardware to discuss. My guess is that we will have to wait almost a year before there's significant depth to debate here. Until then rumour, moderated by the acquired knowledge of a handful of determined HD professionals is all we have. So don't squash the rumour, please take the time to put people straight about what's really happening. Otherwise you might lose your creative cows. And where's the sense in that.

Hopefully we will all get to know each other well, and in time be able to discuss all kinds of aspects of our businesses within the world of HDV. That's one of the great features of any forum, when the users become a real community who are stronger together, and even meet up at events like NAB.

Best regards
Rick

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]