Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: 'Failed to initialize waveform drawing'

COW Forums : Leitch dpsVelocity

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lyn NorstadRe: 'Failed to initialize waveform drawing'
by on Oct 31, 2003 at 2:34:27 pm

[Mythprod] "None of our edit 6 generated audio files will show the waveform, either."

This really piqued my interest. Why should that be, he says ...

So I exported 44.1 and 48k audio files from both edit 6 and 6.5, in both split and combined stereo formats. Q cannot generate a waveform display on the timeline for any of these files, exactly as you said.

However ... Q DOES display a waveform for these files in the Trim Window.

I then opened each file in Sound Forge and resaved them, with a different name, but without changing anything else. Q is able to generate a timeline waveform display for those files with no problem.

I subsequently parsed two files (one from edit, one from SF) that should have been identical, and found one bit that was different. Maybe if we could access the edit developers we could find out if that bit, somehow, turns off the waveform info ... or otherwise inhibits it's creation ... on systems other than edit. And why, or is it maybe just a fluke. I'd guess it's a fluke.

So, bottom line, you CAN see a waveform display on 'collected' edit files, but ONLY in the trim window. So the glass is half full, rather than half empty. I guess.

Lyn

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]