Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

Re: Copy Protection for dvd's

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

iManRe: Copy Protection for dvd's
by on Jul 31, 2004 at 4:01:09 pm

As far as I know you can only do this if you output to DLT (Digital Linear Tape) instead of burning to DVD. To hire a DLT is around £40 for the day. This way you just do it right in DVDSP.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

If there is a plug in that allows your burned DVD to be protected it will probably be just as easy to download ripping software to copy it anyway.

Also worth remembering that if you stick a DVCAM or MINIDV camcorder on a tripod in front of a 38" LCD television and record straight off the screen you woudn't see the difference anyway so all this copy protection stuff is a total waste of time in my opinion, if someone really wants to copy it they will, think back to the early 80's when VHS piracy was at an all-time high, those folk literally used to go to the cinema with a Panasonic shoulder mounted VHS camcorder in a large duffle bag and rest it on the arm of the chair next to them and record the film off the screen, these days a plasma screen and a tripod mounted miniDV is much better.

Of course I don't endorse any of this as it will end up putting Hollywood production companies out of businness, but you do see what I mean, concentrate on making good programmes or movies and don't concern yourself with piracy, if Sony, EMI, BMG, Warners and even Apple can't stop it, what chance do you possibly have?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]