Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Re: Io Installation Tips

COW Forums : AJA io

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tony!Re: Io Installation Tips
by on Dec 16, 2004 at 8:13:05 am

[Jay Mitchell] "In the short time that I have been learning to use my Mac - the OS has changed versions - three times. And, just today - OS 10.3.7 has come out. It seems that each OS version is Buggy and lot's of Mac/FCP Users have issues. And, Panther has been notorious for external HD Problems. Here is a sentence from the release of 10.3.7 that addresses the fix for which I stated in my post. "

Just want to say that most the problems you read about on this and other forums do not affect 95% of the Mac users out there. I've used every version of OS X and have not had any significant problems with any of them. I've zero problems with my Firewire drives as well. You do have to research updates before applying them to see if your hardware and software are compatible with the new versions. You don't want to be the first to upgrade in most cases. Most of the issues you read about are problems with third party hardware and/or software. In many cases those companies did not stick to Apple's specs when developing their products and that is why they had problems when new versions of the OS came out. Fortunately, most of the third party companies update quickly following a new Apple update.

You're just going through some growing pains because you are not used to the Apple way of doing things. Once you get more familiar with Mac's and Apple software I'm confident your opinion will change. Apple really does have great software and hardware that's reliable and easy to use.

[Jay Mitchell] "For example, I do own a SCSI RAID and today I contacted an Engineer who advised me that I would need an Atto UL3D to Use it on my G5. "

I suggest a more up-to-date engineer. While the UL3D will work, it will slowdown the buses on the G5's. The recommended SCSI card is the UL4D. Although I prefer Fibre channel by a large margin.

[Jay Mitchell] "And, I was told that their were some fixes in 4.5 that are important to have. So, I will upgrade now - instead of April"

I would.

[Jay Mitchell] "So, Once again - I want to thank all of you for you input. It was really appreciated. And that is what these forums are for. I suppose they wouldn't exist long - if New Guys like me - didn't need your valuable help."

The forums are really for everyone. We do get a lot of new users, but even our most experienced experts follow the forums closely to keep up with the latest tips, tricks and troubleshooting info.

Tony!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]