Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Re: Io Installation Tips

COW Forums : AJA io

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jay MitchellRe: Io Installation Tips
by on Dec 14, 2004 at 8:21:00 pm

Bob,

Does the PVW2800 have to be connected to the Io for the setup! or, just a firewire connection between the Io and G5?

And, can you give me more insight into the sync generator? I was thinking that the PVW2800 has a built in TBC and that might be sufficient. What would the sync generator add to the whole setup?

BTW, my G5 came with 1Mb of memory. Is it enough to start?

My Primary Purpose is to bring in the Betacam Footage Clips into the G5/FCP 4.0 - Color Correct and output as high quality P-JPEG QT Movie Files, for archiving and to bne put on a Web Server for Downloading purposes.

Since, I'm not really looking to edit these clips with effects other then cleaning up the colors and composition - I was hoping it would be pretty straight forward.

Shouldn't the Io take care of all of the I/O without the need for any additional cards?

And, since this project will take many months to input - I thought it might be best to wait for FCP 5 before upgrading.

And, any thoughts on 10.3.6 and the reported external HD problems?

Jay

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]