Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Re: The new Io's vs the Decklink SD cards

COW Forums : AJA io

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tony!Re: The new Io's vs the Decklink SD cards
by on Nov 19, 2003 at 4:50:49 am

If interactive motion graphics work (i.e., working fluidly with AE, C*, Shake, etc.) is a big priority, then DeckLink SP really shines well in this regard. Although EchoFire works very well with iO and has many additional features not natively found in DLSP, it is somewhat slow to work with where DLSP is liquid smooth and fast

Good points Marco (as always). I've been working with Echo Fire so long that it seems normal to me. Motion graphics is my main thing and the bottom-line is that Echo Fire works. However, I see what you're saying and I'll go with you and give Decklink the edge there.

My goodness these are very interesting times! Pinnacle and Aurora are far too quiet, making me think they have something of their own brewing up their sleeves. Of course the idea of iO HD is not a far fetched concept either.

Yes, it just keeps getting better. I'm loving it. I wouldn't count on an HD Io too soon. I believe Firewire isn't up to it yet. When Apple releases Firewire 1600 or 3200 then... (maybe with multiple Firewire buses?). The G5's processors be able to handle soon (if not now) I believe.

Tony!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]