Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
RED GIANT SOFTWARE:Red Giant TutorialsTrapcode TutorialsTrapcode ForumMagic Bullet ForumMagic Bullet TutorialsAE TutorialsAE Forum

Re: NTSC/PAL?

COW Forums : Magic Bullet Suite

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

peter piperRe: NTSC/PAL?
by on Jun 9, 2003 at 3:33:21 pm

[rob] "It seems mechanically redundant to go from 25i to 30i. You end up with 30i by adding to the 25i. Anyone doing this?"

Well hollywood movies which get viewed on NTSC VHS go from 24 to 30 without any problems, why should 25 to 24 to 30 have any? you're not losing anything in the transfer.

[rob] "Just trying to find the holy grail in the filmlook saga. I'm an American chap trying to find the right camera standard for MB projects to post to DVD"

The holy grail is to use film. But seriously, it depends on your budget. You can get 24p HD cameras. The deinterlacing MB does works best (I assume cos I aint done it, just that the manual says so) with PAL. But if all you can get is a prosumer NTSC digital camera you may just want to simply deinterlace it with fieldskit from revisionfx.com to avoid the glitches that NTSC users complain about.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • NTSC/PAL? by rob on Jun 7, 2003 at 10:23:16 pm
    • Re: NTSC/PAL? by Barend Onneweer on Jun 8, 2003 at 10:18:17 am
      • Re: NTSC/PAL? by peter piper on Jun 8, 2003 at 2:21:37 pm
        • Re: NTSC/PAL? by rob on Jun 8, 2003 at 7:38:36 pm
          • Re: NTSC/PAL? by peter piper on Jun 9, 2003 at 4:39:08 am
            • Re: NTSC/PAL? by rob on Jun 9, 2003 at 3:10:29 pm
              • Re: NTSC/PAL? by peter piper on Jun 9, 2003 at 3:33:21 pm

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter