Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

Re: Encode and then encode again?

COW Forums : DVD Workshop, Ulead

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

mbelliRe: Encode and then encode again?
by on Nov 4, 2004 at 6:23:27 pm

Here's what I do, with great success.

First, make a new disc template in DVDWS template manager and set the video bitrate higher then your MPEG2 from Procoder.

Example of my workflow:

- Premiere Pro 1.5 - edit DV, directly from timeline go to Procoder 2

- I set Procoder to at CBR 5,500 kbps, MPEG2 elementary steam, mastering quality

- I wind up with a MPEG2 video and WAV audio

- WAV is sent to TMPGenc AC3 plugin & converted to AC3 256 kbps

- bring into DVDWS, MPEG2 video and matching AC3

- I created and use the following template for DVDWS

name: custom_Procoder DVD CBR 5,000
compression tab: video - 8,000 kbps audio - dolby digital 256 kbps

That's it, as long as the MPEG video and audio going into DVDWS doesn't exceed your created template (8,000 kbps in this case), you don't have to touch anything in DVDWS. Nothing get's re-encoded and DVDWS is lighting fast since it doesn't even have to encode AC3 for you, let alone your main video.

I just like the fact that I use external programs to encode and simply demux and let DVDWS deal with encoding motion menus and stuff like that.

If you use VBR or higher bitrates with Procoder, that's okay, just don't let them exceed 8,000 kbps or if they do, create another template. For VBR 2,000 low, 6,000 mid and 8,000 you might want to create another template with max datarate at 8,500 kbps just to handle the occassional spike.

One last thing, if you have a problem double check your MPEG2 in DVDWS by clicking "properties", this will show you the actual bitrate DVDWS interprets from your MPEG2. I had some issues with CCE which showed up as 9,600 kbps in DVDWS and DVDWS kept re-encoding. So if the properties reveals 5,000 kbps or whatever and your template is 6,000 max -- all is well.

MB

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]