Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: The HDW-700a - Need to pay attention to what I'm typing

COW Forums : HD High-End

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Leo TicheliRe: The HDW-700a - Need to pay attention to what I'm typing
by on Sep 10, 2003 at 1:10:38 am

Hi Bart,
I would love to see you in Birmingham next week! Just give me a ring, and we’ll set it; I want to see your mystical transmutation of 540 lines into 1080, and I want to show you our place as well. By the way, I have seen Magic Bullet and it does look very nice, but I still like real 24p better. My mantra is the subject blur you get with the 1/48 second shutter duration and you can’t do that with something shot at 1/60 second.

As far as the need for variable frame-rates goes, it surely does depend on your application. I love off-speed, so I do a lot of it; just finished shooting a regional tourism spot, and almost every scene was shot at 4 fps! The really nice thing about it ways the ability to actually see the effect on the monitor while we were shooting. Certainly can’t do that will film! We had thought that somewhere between 8 to 12 fps would be right, but on location we discovered that the slower rate worked best.

Please do ring me; I’m looking forward to seeing you.

Best regards,
Leo

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]