Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Digital projection...

COW Forums : HD High-End

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

AlexDigital projection...
by on Aug 12, 2003 at 2:17:36 pm

I'm not sure if I should ask this here or in the specific forums... but what's going on with hi-def at film fests? Does a film shot on a Sony 900 play on the same hi-def player as a Varicam?

I know some of the big fests are doing digital (Cannes) as are some of the smaller dv fests (dvfest, digifest, etc.) but what about some of the mid majors (let me get out my NCAA brackets...)

I thought you might find this interesting. I looked at the top ten fests out of Gore's book (circa '91) and this is what I found (online) - beware, some of these sites were unavigable and I turned up results via press releases on search engines...

Fest Digital
--------------------------
Sundance YES
Toronto YES
Cannes YES, digital beta yes too
Berlin ?
SouthXSW Beta Yes, digital maybe? can't guarantee
Telluride YES
CIFF NO-Digibeta
Florida (as of 2002, NO)
Slamdance YES
CINEQUEST YES

Other notables with digital projection include LAIFF, Resfest (touring, yes?), London... and a bunch of other small ones...
I'm mostly wondering what your chances are if you stay digital ( skip the 35mm print ) and tour festivals hoping to get someone else to pay for your print.
- alex

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]