Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: question to Mr S.Cunningham about resizing HD or anyone else....

COW Forums : HD High-End

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marco SolorioRe: question to Mr S.Cunningham about resizing HD or anyone else....
by on Aug 6, 2003 at 5:22:34 pm

[marios] "where planing on shooting at 25p, and I'm gonna use twixtor for slomos"

I would suggest shooting at 50i for the parts you intend to use for slomo, even if your project is 25p. You want the higher temporal resolution for the purpose of "overcranking" as opposed to the higher frame resolution. The reason being is since you're going to interpolate anyway, you should be interpolating half frames (fields) as opposed to full frames (progressive full and interpolated).

When performing slomo with Twixtor, you want to create a doubled frame-rate base from the original clip. So your workflow should be something like 50i > 50p > slomo > 25p. Use it in conjunction with Fields Kit for best results. Read my Twixtor article for more info.

You could even go with an NTSC camera an shoot in 60i for a little gain on more temporal resolution, but then you'll get the vertical size reduction if you're in PAL, so it's moot.

Marco Solorio  |  ¬†OneRiver Media

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]