Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

JVC HD1 Questions

COW Forums : HD High-End

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Anthony VamvakitisJVC HD1 Questions
by on Jul 29, 2003 at 2:00:27 am

Has anyone figured out a good workflow for editing with the footage from this camera? I'm using Final Cut 4.0 and am able to load the HD footage only at DV resolution (I guess FCP lacks the codec to use the HD). But even if I could load at HD, wouldn't I need an HD card to do so? This camera has me so confused. I know it is a consumer HD as opposed to "true" HD, but as far as I know, it has all the lines of resolution as HD cameras. JVC is no help, by the way, unless you want to be transferred from office to office by a bunch of French-Canadians.

The project I am working on doesn't need to even be done HD. There is an SD and a DV setting on the camera. Would I be better off telling the production people to shoot with one of those? Also, what are the differences when it's all coming from a DV tape anyway!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]