Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: what NLE can edit 4:4:4 RBG uncompressed 2K?

COW Forums : HD High-End

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

MadsRe: what NLE can edit 4:4:4 RBG uncompressed 2K?
by on May 27, 2003 at 1:52:52 pm

Hey Murray.

[Murray Haberschmidt] "I hear a good deal of people talking about 4:4:4 and their desire to find a NLE that supports it, but I think people are confusing 4:4:4 and RGB. To my knowledge, any of the HD tape formats out there (e.g. D5, HDCAM, or even D6 for that matter) are all 4:2:2, with varying levels of compression (none for D6). So, if these are your sources, then there's little issue with 4:4:4 as the chroma has already been stripped."

Totally agree! If you are sourcing from current tape formats, there is no reason to be 4:4:4 - or with other words, 98% of todays HD production work will never have a need for it.

However, if you are shooting on HD-CAM you should use SDTI as a way of transferring your material to the NLE - This will keep your material in native HD-CAM througout, rather that going to a different (un)compression.

All the Best
Mads
London

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]