Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: so let me get this straight -

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design DeckLink

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Grant PettyRe: so let me get this straight -
by on Dec 7, 2002 at 6:54:38 am

Hi,

Actually we found the PCI bridge in the new models really fast, and quite an improvement over the older models. The guts of these units are very fast for moving data around, and this could be why they do some things faster like the overall responsiveness.

I think Apple made a mistake on putting a 1MB Level 3 cache on the DP 1GHZ model, because the cache is important, and make the system seem as slow as the older 1GHZ model with the bigger L3, but slower overall system buss.

If they had added a 2 MB L3, then the system might have looked much faster. It's hard to know for sure though. The new systems might be faster rendering big data types, and a good example might be working on a large Photoshop image with lots of layers. It's really based on the work that's done how various parts of the system help overall performance.

Regards,

Grant
Blackmagic Design

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]