Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC AG-DVX:Panasonic AG-DVX ForumPanasonic HVX - HPXPanasonic Varicam

Re: DVX100 or post-production 24p Nattress filter?

COW Forums : Panasonic AG-DVX100

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

stefanRe: DVX100 or post-production 24p Nattress filter?
by on Sep 10, 2004 at 7:41:08 am

I would like to add that while you can change 60i material to 24p in post, there is price to pay, more than just time. You are also losing resolution. I don't care what program you use to convert your footage, you are still blending fields and deinterlacing, both of which will lose you resolution. So even if the PD150/170 does give you a "cleaner" image from the get go, which I highly beg to differ, you would lose resolution in post. Both cameras do have their Abilities however, Low light and a slightly longer zoom are the sony's high points and 24p, true progressive scan CCD's and repeatable focus are just a few points of for the Panny that I appreciate over the PD150. If I were doing news interviews or similar situations i would most likely use the PD150. I mainly shoot short films and documentaries which is why i chose the Panny.

Stefan
http://www.stefweb.net

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]