Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC AG-DVX:Panasonic AG-DVX ForumPanasonic HVX - HPXPanasonic Varicam

Re: 24p 30p Use for me...?

COW Forums : Panasonic AG-DVX100

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jim CookmanRe: 24p 30p Use for me...?
by on Apr 14, 2004 at 2:32:02 pm

Capt... There you are!

I went to B&H a couple of weeks ago, expecting not to like the 100a because of the lack of DVCAM. B&H has that little set-up with all the cameras focused on a little set. 100a BLEW AWAY the 170 hands down. Think I alluded to this on the Apple site. It's a VERRRRY nifty camera.

Goodies to get: extra batteries, a shoulder pod isn't a bad idea, it's not too spiffy as a handheld camera. UV filter just to protect the lens, and what ever other tiffen goodies you'd like, You can get anamorphic adapters for lens AND eyepiece if you like 16:9. Get a portabrace case (DV4 I think the model # is) and for gosh sakes get a good tripod if you haven't got one. Pick one brand of tape and stick to it. I'm sony dvcam stock all the way because it's what I use everywhere else. Mixing stock tends to lead to head clogs as the different lubricants used tend to turn to some sort of warm gunky oatmeal when the camera gets hot. Be very wary of using cleaning cassettes,why sandpaper your heads if you don't have to?

The zoom motor is noisy, so if you're using the built in mike, watch out for the zoom noise. There's a bracket supplied for a larger mike, but because it doesn't isolate the mike I assume you'd have the same problem. Haven't tried it yet. Then again, I hate zooming!

Do let me know if you're coming up to NYC B&H-- i'll meet you there and help you empty that camera money jar.

Jim

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]