Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC VARICAM:Panasonic Varicam ForumPanasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: What's the final opinion on the 1200A?

COW Forums : Panasonic VariCam

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb SevushRe: What's the final opinion on the 1200A?
by on Dec 31, 2004 at 4:13:25 pm

Lynn -

As long as your clients are going SDI in and out the deck is very stable. Firewire in and out is not. The only other thing to test is the ability of the Velocity to feed Time code to the deck, or at least be able to issue an assemble edit command. Currently, the only way to master to this deck with FCP and accurate time code is via Firewire. Since the deck does have 422 and will issue an assemble command via firewire i don't know if the SDI limitations are because of the deck, FCP, or the Decklink HD Pro card I am currently using.

What all this means is that if your clients want to be able to layback to the deck via SDI with program starting at a specific time code, then you better run a test.

Also the deck says that it will cross convewrt between 720P and 1080i in E to E. This feature doesn't work, it only cross converts when playing back tape.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]