Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC VARICAM:Panasonic Varicam ForumPanasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: DVCPRO HD Criticisms

COW Forums : Panasonic VariCam

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Leo TicheliRe: DVCPRO HD Criticisms
by on Dec 3, 2004 at 12:35:34 pm

I've been shooting VariCam for three years and I've never seen any banding. Perhaps some are trying to fault the VariCam with a less than objective view.

There is a lot more to picture quality than simply file size; VariCam seems to handle color information better than the CineAlta. Many Cinematographers prefer the look VariCam delivers.

Commercial shooters migrating from film cameras tend to find variable frame-rates essential. VariCam, and only VariCam, shoots from one to sixty fps in one frame increments.

In my view, the best way to promote VariCam is to simply show the images. I've many times cut VariCam material into 35 MM totally seamlessly. Clients watching our spots swear they are looking at film. I had always believed that you needed 35 MM to do a proper job with food, but we recently shot a restaurant commercial with the VariCam and the food looked spectacular.

Good shooting!
Leo

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]