Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC VARICAM:Panasonic Varicam ForumPanasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: DVCPRO HD Criticisms

COW Forums : Panasonic VariCam

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Christopher BarryRe: DVCPRO HD Criticisms
by on Dec 2, 2004 at 9:46:26 pm

Hi David/Noah/Mike,

Regarding issue 2, I have a Decklink HD card ("had", it is being replaced because of one defective crystal onboard for HD sync) and was able to get the FCP DVCProHD 1080i60 sampler footage to play out via HD-SDI using a BlackMagic 1080i60 DVCProHD Easy setup in FCP, and applied CC and some other effects in RT. I am not sure if the footage is being recompressed in the DVCProHD codec or I was actually getting FW sourced footage to play out HD-SDI with RT CC and without further recompression at DVCProHD data rates? When I get my replaced Decklink HD card, I can also test this with my own 720p24 Varicam footage with the new 720p24 HD-SDI support.

I mention this because I understand if you CC your FW sourced Varicam footage, you have to render to the DVCProHD codec to FW back out to tape on the 1200a, however, the method above with this hardware may allow RT CC and some other effects without recompressing the footage in the DVCProHD codec? Anyone know or tried what I am ranting about? I am running a raid drive setup, so uncompressed HD is the way I will go, however, for those who want to keep data size or drive cost down, without recompressing, this may be a consideration?

-CB

Posts IndexRead Thread
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]